Saturday, October 23, 2010

Interview with Bryce Dallas Howard from Hereafter

Interview with Bryce Dallas Howard from Hereafter


When Bryce Dallas Howard was born in 1981, her father, Ron Howard, was just coming off the heels of playing one of television's most famous characters, Richie Cunningham on Happy Days. And yet you've never seen Howard's name in the tabloids. Though the 29-year-old star of the new Matt Damon movie, Hereafter, says that children of celebrities "are often quite misguided," she tells iVillage exclusively that when raising her son, Theo, 3 (with actor husband Seth Gabel), she follows the valuable lessons her parents taught her.

"I had a great example that was set by my parents and also by my grandparents as well," Howard explains. "Just how to raise kids that are around the business... how to still instill values in them that are important to create normalcy and to help a person grow into what they're supposed to be."

Knowing that show business "sometimes fights against those kinds of values," Howard hopes to follow in her parents' footsteps, though she may make a few different moves (literally!). "When I was 5, my parents moved to Connecticut. I have so many friends that live in Los Angeles, it would be so sad to move away from them," she explains. "So I don't know if I'll be able to do that exact thing, but I really really take their lead in terms of how they raised us."

Watch our exclusive video above to find out what it was like for Howard to watch Hereafter with her mom and how she dealt with the movie's dark themes.

Do you think it's difficult for celebrities to raise children in Hollywood? Chime in below!

Like This? Read These:
- VIDEO: Matt Damon: I'm Not the King of My Castle
- Pregnant Stars: Look Who's Popping!
- VIDEO: Stars Admit Their Most Embarrassing Halloween Costumes
- PHOTOS: Star Snapshots: Hottest New Photos

Christina Aguilera Christina Applegate Christina DaRe Christina Milian Christina Ricci

No comments:

Post a Comment